Pages

Thursday 26 April 2012


Dear Lola,

Your curls dance when you run.
Your skin is like that of a peach.
You give big kisses & the longest cuddles.
You ask for music everyday & then spin & fall into a laughing heap.
You gently care with gentle hands that stroke your mama’s face.
You love ice-cream, but worry until everyone else has got one, before enjoying your own.
You call me your ‘angel girl’ and smile when we catch eyes.
You hand me sewing pins and watch patiently as I create.
You say 'blast off!' at every opportunity.
You put rubbish in the bin without being asked.
You declare Ít’s cuppa tea time’ at just the right moments.
You say grubs are yuck.
And you ask to feed the food that misses your mouth to the birds.
You have lovely manners.
When you meet someone you don’t know, you rub your eyes and put your head to your toes.
You love your family so much you could burst, and sing their names all day long.
You are an extraordinary little soul.
And I still pinch myself that it’s me who gets to run to you when I hear you call mama.
Oh and I get to see this beautiful smile each and every day…



Your mama

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Ash. The bond you and Lola have is plain to see - even from all the way over here. I wish our babies could grow up together like we did.

    ReplyDelete