20 weeks. This week marks the half way point. And although the anticipation of meeting our littlie grows more & more intense with each passing day, a few things that have occurred over the last few weeks make me ever so grateful that you still have twenty weeks of growing & remaining safely tucked within me.
a few photos of a washed out mama taken just after hospital trip #3.
little carrot muncher feeling for kicks.
- Getting to see you in all your co-operative & kicking glory during the 19 week ultrasound. Even more exciting, was sharing the photage later that evening with a very excited little sister - "argh! my baby is waving at me!" "that's a foot, no that's a hand, oh baby stay still!"
- The stronger kicks, which come at the most perfect timing.
- Warm baths each evening, just the two of us. Hearing you & papa dance & laugh while we soak, & ending with the most welcome splash arrival of you into the tub Lola.
- Co-hosting a beautiful baby shower for a dear friend. Celebrating through every shade of pink, strawberry & lime punch & delicious treats.
- My Marty & family for carrying me, sitting with me, tucking me in, feeding me, taking Lola for trips to the library & kindygym, for the fresh juice, constant hugs, calls, warm soup and endless, endless love.
- Falling sick with 'the virus/the fever/the vomiting bug', that saw several hospital trips, drips, tests & a very weary mama.
- Recovering from said illness, and the fatigue that although engulfing, is easing with each passing day.
- Top it off with a pinched nerve in my neck, and yep that's three for three, and I believe things can only look up from here. Surely!
Here's to a healthy, happy next few weeks baby.