Pages

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Dear Maeve,

Each month brings its own delights and adventures, but I have to say I think 7 months takes the cake! 

Your seventh month has been huge little one.

You boarded your very first plane, for a trip to Adelaide to spend Easter with the family. You are a sensational traveller. We're pretty certain you didn't get upset once. Even on our journey home when we got caught up in Sydney traffic for a couple of hours, when I myself felt like crying, you just happily amused yourself in the back. And when we did finally get home, you flapped your arms like crazy & giggled till you got the hiccups, thrilled to be back in your own bed. You leave us shaking our heads in awe an awful lot.

You join us for every meal these days. You just LOVE food. But not so much when people have food and you don't. You mainly feed yourself, scrambled eggs, avocado sandwiches, cucumber, apple, pear, banana, pumpkin. You name it, you'll grab it with two fists and shovel it in. You even helped yourself to my spicy sausage roll with home-made relish. I had to hide it from you in the end.

The smiles we get when you first wake up, are the brightest and biggest, and your anticipation to see Lola after sleep time is outrageously adorable. You strain your neck so hard to see around the corner to where she is, bursting at the seams for her to catch your eye and smile back.

I could go on. And on and on about how lovely you are. Just a happy, content, care free spirit, who loves a cuddle, going for walks, your sister, your papa, and just about everything & anything. We are very blessed. 




Your mama

4 comments:

  1. what a little doll, she's soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This little one is like my very own 'real life' dolly! Kisses for wendie xx

      Delete
  2. Oh those bright eyes, so beautiful and happy! It's so lovely that she adores her big sister and her food! I have two fickle eaters here...payback from when I was a fussy child! ;-) Great job on your first flight too little Maeve, high five! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hmmm, Lola used to shovel in everything too, and is much more selective now, so we will have to wait and see. Makes it that little bit more tricky (and frustrating!), doesn't it? Yes, I have always appreciated my own mumma, but do so even more now I am mothering my own two girls :) Love to you & yours x

      Delete